Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I'm pretty sure I need a bigger garden....

After 8 days at the beach with my boys I came home to my garden looking fantastic (thanks to my lovely husband and the rain for keeping it watered).  We are getting a good serving of veges for dinner and salad greens for lunches each day which is fantastic.


But... what I'd really like to be doing is bringing in a few basketfuls of excess each week to blanch and freeze for winter to save on grocery bills later in the year.  Our garden is jam packed and just meeting our daily needs, so I think I need to look at an expansion for next year.  More silver-beet, kale, beetroot and zucchinis would be really appreciated right now - they are so versatile.  Beans too, they freeze really well.

I have the beginnings of a plan in mind for expansion, plus the addition of berries and other fruit.  In the mean time I am happy eating fresh, tender and delicious spray free produce from our lovely garden - the best I've ever grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers