Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Another patch of lawn transforming into garden

After a very relaxed few days with Nana visiting and a boost of energy from doing alot more excercise I got stuck into my flower bed.

For the past 5 months a long pile of bricks has been sitting along the edge of my vege garden fence.  For a couple of those months some bricks were also laid down as a border for the path/edging that will enclose my flower garden.  A few weeks ago I got around to spraying the grass to begin the transformation.  And finally today, after just an hour of moving, digging and ramming bricks into place I have 3.5m of my edging in, nearly halfway done.  I'm not laying the bricks down with concrete or sand - I'm not sure if the garden will stay that size - it's 'non-committal' edging, that I can move, or remove as needed.

Before - bricks that need moving and an edge ready to be set into the ground

After: 3.5m of bricks laid into the ground and chickens turning the soil for me

A handful of my chickens are now happily scratching around in the freshly disturbed soil.  I'm going to make a cup of tea and sit on my bench to watch them help finish the job for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers