Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Eating well with $130 per week - Week 4

$112 at the supermarket and green grocer


My final week of shopping with $130.  I have brought a few more things for birthday parties coming up but stayed within budget.

Something that I do every week is write down how much everything costs as I go around the supermarket.  If I notice something on special, like a free range chicken or pastry sheets for example, I will note down the price and after getting all my listed items I will see if I can afford it.  Yes it's good to buy things on special, but not if you can't afford it in the first place.

This week's shop:

Countdown $87
Milk Powder
Lollies x 2 Bags
Chips x 2
Pop Corn
Butter x 2
Tea
Citric Acid
Coffee
Olives
Glucose Syrup
Sugar
Nappies
Oil
Icing Sugar
Pasta Shapes (3 boxes for $4.50)

Green Grocer $25
5kg Potatoes
Crown Pumpkin
Cabbage
Brussel Sprouts
Onions Red and Brown
Carrots
Pears
Mandarins
Persimmons
Sea Salt

I do buy pretty basic items but with a bit of creativity a little can go a long way, and taste really good.
Last nights dinner cost only $6 and was super healthy - vegan chick pea curry, indian spiced slaw and brown rice.  I'll post the recipe later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers