Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I hate waste : Time to Reorganise

This morning I opened my crisper drawer to find some forgotten and slightly slimy lettuce, brussel sprouts and half a cauliflower - dang it!! I hate waste.

After a ponder while I walked the kids to school this morning I set to work reorganising my fridge.  Instead of the veges all being where I never look (crisper) I have cut, rinsed and boxed them, and put them right where I can see them.  All I need to do is chuck them in a stir-fry or in the steamer and half of dinner is done.

The carrots and apples are also just the right height for the kids to help themselves if they're hungry too.



I'm also trying a wee experiment, I have seen some fridge storage boxes lately with a very hefty price tag.  To me they just looked like normal containers with a fancy hole in the top.  So I have put a couple of small holes in the top of 2 of my storage containers to see if I can replicate those boxes with something I have sitting around the house.  I'll let you know how it works out.

Lets hope I start looks at healthy as my fridge does from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers