Sunday, November 3, 2013

Foot Frustration

I planted some zucchini and pumpkin seeds about a month ago and they outgrew their paper pots within a couple of weeks.  I've had an addition to the vege garden planned for them but with a foot injury I haven't been able to dig the new garden - very frustrating.  My lovely husband spent a good hour of his only day of this week digging it for me.  This morning Mr 3 and I finished digging in compost and lime then planted out zucchini, pumpkins, spring onion and silver beet.  We also put some spinach in another garden to replace the bucketful we brought inside with us for dinner.  I think I'll make my cheats risotto with leftover sausages and the spinach.

New plot along the right fence line - can't wait to have zucchini on the BBQ

I have discovered something lurking on my grapevines, the leaves are blistered with white fluff on the underside.  With thoughts and chopping down and burning, pinching off all the infected leaves or nasty sprays I was glad to find it is a harmless leaf mite - which won't hurt grape production, only looks.  Phew!!

Leaf mite blisters on the grape vine

Pappa Bear also put up a swing at the weekend which has been the source of a lot of fun today, along with bubbles which had Mr 1 squealing with delight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers