Thursday, October 31, 2013

Poly-Garden

Good timing!  I had just flicked through a library book on container gardening where I had seen a polystyrene box turned into planter - I was very interested to try it (the thick poly box keeps water and heat in for longer - great for lettuces).  Then out of the blue my lovely father-in-law brought down 2 for me - perfect!

I had some lettuce seedlings on the go so I've planted them in one box and seeds have just been sown in the other.  So far the lettuce seedlings have doubled in size in just 4 days.

My 3 year old got into my seed box just after watching me sow the Tom Thumb lettuces.  I came back to find the last of my marigold seeds had been planted for me too.  Luckily the seedlings will look very different, so if the marigolds do come up I can prick out and move them.  I'll have to get another box  - then he can paint the sides and I can be his very own garden.

Looking forward to having salad right outside the kitchen for lunches - will post our results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers