Tuesday, May 27, 2014

5 days with No Naps!

The past week has been a real eye opener.

I didn't realise how good I had it.  Mr 1 was sleeping about 3.5 hours a day and all of a sudden he has stopped.  Before now I would spend that time doing something special with Mr 3, have lunch, get a couple of chores done and maybe have a cup of tea.

This week has been very different.  Mr 3 is a little over his brother getting into all him games, Mr 1 is very tired and grumpy from midday and mumma is feeling a bit frazzled - along with being ready for bed by 8:30pm.  In the coming weeks I'm sure we'll find a new rhythm.  Our routine will change I will need to utilise the different areas of our house to set the boys up with different things to do.  My Mr 3 is a very independent little soul and thrives on sitting and doing things on his own, so I need to make sure he gets that time.

I will also have to find some more ways for the boys to play in the garden while I toil in the mud - maybe it's about time we got a hut or cubby house set up, I remember having one made of pallets when I was a kid and spending a lot of time in there - I think I see a project coming on!

Today I have been lucky enough to have some Mumma time - that is why I'm writing.  Mr 3 was offered a second day at daycare, which he has just started today, he's only gone one day a week till now.  After playtime and lunch I set up Mr 1 in the porta-cot in the sun, with some books and toys while I vacuumed and then weeded the garden for 15 minutes.  When I came in from the cold Mr 1 was ASLEEP!!

Now that I've had a cuppa and got some writing done - all be it not very entertaining - It's time to get some work done.

Here's to the next faze of being an at home Mum!

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of shed or play house I might look for some like that. Sleep routines are always a myth. My Mr 2 has 1.5 to 2 hours a day if I'm lucky which I get to spend doing my washing vacuuming and cooking his food for when he wakes. I am looking forward to reading more Blogs my friend. I need help with living on a budget as I have taken a job closer to home and finish at 4:30 to be there for dinner and bath and bed. It's a salary cut and sacrifice but I know my time means more to him. #teammummy are you on twitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte, budgeting is something we have to take a look at at least once a month to make sure we're on track. Pretty much all of my recipes are really cheap to make. Happy to answer any questions, the best I can, on budgeting.
      Growing up with family of 6 it kind of comes second nature from watching my mum.
      Good on you taking a new job and taking a salary cut - scary stuff - but very worth while, all about balance. Look up 'The TK Good Life' on Twitter - I've been meaning to set it up and just have =)

      Delete

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers