Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Feijoa and Apple Crumble

I was hunting around in my freezer the other day and found a stash of feijoas.  For a feijoa fiend like me I had struck gold.  I was actually looking for some stewed apple to go with our roast pork, so I grabbed a bag of both apple and feijoa and decided on a crumble for pudding.

Ginger and feijoa are amazing together, I use this combination for muffins too - so good.  I pretty much throw this recipe together with what I can find, so have had to give a best guess on quantities.

Feijoa and Apple Crumble

2C Feijoa chunks (mine are scooped halves in a freezer bag)
1 - 2 C Stewed Apple
100g Butter
3/4C Rolls Oat, quick cook
1/2C Plain Flour
1/4C White Sugar
1t Cinnamon
1t Ground Ginger, heaped

Heat oven to 180C on bake.  Put feijoa and apple into a dish (I use a glass 1.7 litre casserole dish) and stir to combine.  Melt butter in a saucepan then remove from heat.  Stir the remaining ingredients with the melted butter and sprinkle over the top of the fruit.  Bake for 25-30 minutes until fruit is hot and top is golden.  Serve with cream, greek yoghurt or icecream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers