Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Housework Can Wait

My boys and I have had an awesome day - not much housework has been done but I felt like we needed a day devoted just to my boys, they have been cooped up quite a bit over the last 3 weeks, due to weather and icky colds.

We spent the first part of the morning spread out on the sunroom floor playing blocks.  When little Dylan was ready for his morning sleep Luke and I played shops and watched some Gummi Bears together till lunch time (still in our PJs).

 
Once nap time was over we had lunch together then got out the play dough. Many shapes and a few arguments later I figured the boys were ready for a run around.  We got dressed and played pirates in the garden.  With the hot afternoon spring sunshine filling the garden I pulled out a paddling pool and wound the hose around the washing line for a shower.  The boys LOVED it!  They were making so much noise our neighbour wondered over to see what all the fuss was about.



Both boys are now shattered, rugged up in the lounge playing quietly.  Mumma Bear better be sure dinner is ready a bit early - I've got a feeling dinner and bedtime will need to be early this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers