Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Orange Chocolate Muffins

After an action packed day I knew my boys would be wanting something scrummy for afternoon tea - so I experimented with orange chocolate muffins.  They turned out really good!

My instructions may seem strange - sifting dry ingredients over wet, but I don't like to create extra dishes by sifting into different bowls, so I just sift right over the wet.

Orange Chocolate Muffins
Makes 12

50g Oil or Spread
75g Sugar
1 Egg
1t Vanilla Extract
85g Plain Flour
85g Wholemeal Flour
20g Cocoa Powder
1t Baking Powder
Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
Milk
1/2 t Baking Soda

Grease or line 12 muffin tins and preheat oven to 200C on bake.  Cream together oil and sugar then beat in egg and vanilla.  Sift flours, cocoa powder and baking powder (put wholemeal husks back into the mix) over the top of the creamed mixture.  Grate zest over top of the sifted ingredients.  Juice the orange into measuring jug.  Add enough milk to make up liquid to a 3/4 cup, dissolve soda in milk mixture.  Working quickly and gently pour milk mixture into other ingredients and fold until just combined.  Divide mixture into muffin tins and bake for 12 minutes or until they spring back after a light touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers