Saturday, October 12, 2013

Just because I can - Sourdough Crumpets

I had almost given up on making crumpets - but then I watched Paul Hollywood whip up a batch and I had to try it.

All other recipes I've tried have been flat, dry and I always trashed the mixture after seeing they would be a miserable fail. Boo!

This morning however, it is far from a fail - we have scoffed the most beautiful light and fluffy crumpets I have ever eaten.  And just because I can, I added some of my ripe sourdough batter after the first rise - they are divine.

I don't have crumpet rings, so topped and bottomed 2 pineapple tins (we're having roast pork for dinner tonight so I'm sure the contents will come in handy with no cooking apples at my disposal).

This recipe is a must
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/crumpets_61013


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - I love to hear from my readers